Kyiv Smart City is presenting”Living Lab” – the first innovation district. Its developers were inspired by such cities as Barcelona, Chicago, Boston and Stockholm.
The district has such aspects as:
– Installation of traffic lights that prevent traffic jams, lighting systems at surface level pedestrian crossings, special devices and sensors for people with poor eyesight;
– Facilities for people with a mobility impairment;
– Separation of the trade zone, road safety cameras and systems for detecting offences, systems of highly detailed road marking;
– Energy-conserving street illumination;
– Systems of green space and parks;
– Modern systems of waste processing and waste disposal;
– Installation of smart benches and stops with solar batteries and facilities for charging devices, etc.
The main partners of Kyiv Smart City are Tallinn and Amsterdam.